The customer has planned to redesign and optimize Glue Warehouse website. We had a task to implement the solution, which would include the cross-browser compatibility in the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer 8+. As well as mobile and tablet version of the site and new features.
1. Adaptive behavior of the site in various expansions.
2. The version for mobile and tablets.
3. Selection of the adhesive due to the set material.
4. Manage user mails subscription.
5. Image optimization.
6. Optimize the resource performance.
After analyzing the customer's requirements, it was decided to use the Twitter Bootstrap library for the adaptive behavior of pages and mobile version. To optimize the performance of the site we added the compression of all css and js. During the upload of all the images on the website CDN (Amazon CloudFront) is used. Also we added the ability to optimize the image while uploading to the site using TinyPNG API. To control errors on the site we added Rollbar API.
Technologies that were used:
- jQuery (and numerous plugins)
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Amazon CloudFront
- TinyPNG API
- Mailchimp API
- Rollbar API
- Designer – development of the website design, various illustrations, print products, email newsletters;
- Project-manager - communication with the customer, distribution and control of tasks implementation;
- 2 PHP programmers – development of the functionality and frontend;
- Tester – functional and cross-browser compatibility testing.
After all details were discussed with the customer, we have made an evaluation of the project and work plan. The project was divided into several independent parts; each of them has been divided into functional components. Thanks to competent management the development of different parts of the system was conducted in parallel, which allowed completing the project during 2 months.